Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Types of Men to Avoid

I haven't posted in a while. Not sure why. I can't say I've been very busy. Here's a list. I'm a big fan of lists. I love anything you can put into a list or use bullets or categories.

Askmen.com compiled a list of the eight types of guys women avoid, why they are unappealing and what to do if you're that 'type' of guy:

1. The Needy Guy: He is overly emotional and shares all his feelings with her right away. My opinion- dull, not mysterious, probably doesn't work out or tan either. Oh, I was reading The Nerdy Guy. Needy Guy- you can't have two girls in the relationship.
2. The Predictable Guy: He follows formulas and never wants to do anything differently. My opinion-Dull, where's the sense of adventure? the fun?
3. The Arrogant Guy: He has a huge ego and he's condescending. He is also rude. My opinion-Forget it. Unless he's hot and you're bored, but don't date him for too long.
4. The Boorish Guy: He doesn't try to hide the fact that he's checking out other women while in her presence. My opinion- It's okay for a guy to occassionally check out chicks, especially later on when the realtionship is more stable. But again, I say occassionally check out chicks. Not on the first date. And not in an obvious manner. Rude.
5. The Cheap Guy: He invites a woman to dinner and then subtly suggests they go Dutch. My oponion- This is okay from time to time, especially if you're equal earners. But if he makes you pay your way each and every time or on the first date, I would be considered about his financial stability or about how he values my company.
6. The Arguer: When he takes a woman out, he makes her feel like she's in debate class rather than on a date. My opinion- Yeah, I don't think so.
7. The Self-Righteous Guy: This guy is very judgmental of others. My opinion- This guy needs to calm down and get over himself.
8. The Misogynist: This guy makes no secret of his bitterness toward women. My opinion- Then, why is he even dating? Loser. Go seek therapy.

I thought of a couple that the list is missing.
9. Mama's Boy: He still talks to his mother every night and can't make a decision without her. She picks out his clothes and still does his laundry. He has to get her approval before dating you. She criticises your behaviors because noone is good enough for her boy.
10. The Bad Boy: Who doesn't love some fun, some craziness? But it comes with a price. When he has more tatoos than items on his resume, can't hold a job or can't be found if you need him, then who wants him for more than a few nights? ;)

Oh, and then, there's the player...
11. The Player. He dates several women at the same time. Or he dates you but always has a back up or two in case the evning doesn't work out. His cell phone rings but he turns it off and puts it back in his pocket. Was that a friend or another girl? You can never tell.
12. The Pretty Boy (THIS IS FUN!) He owns more hair products than you do. He checks out his reflection in the mirror every chance he gets. Instead of complimenting your dress, he asks "Do you like my shirt?" and expects a yes. You have to wait for him to get ready.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARE THERE ANY MEN LEFT???
I reckon this list covers 99.9% of the male population.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home