Sunday, March 19, 2006

Igloo.


A few weeks ago I was hanging out with my friends. I forget how the conversation started but I think we were discussing the ice castle hotels. Apparently, there is one in Canada and one in Sweden. I blurted out that my parents built me an igloo when I was a child.

Being that I am from a very small South TX town, my friends thought I was hallucinating or flat out demented. I reminded them that as a younger child, I lived in Illinois. It took a while but then they understood. Yes, my parents did build me an igloo in the cold and snowy state of Illinois.

The story goes that my neighbors had just bought a snow blower. After a heavy snow, they blew all the snow from their lawn into ours. My parents used this abundant snow to build me an igloo. :) My mom has my original childhood photos but I found this pic in a memory book my mother made me for one of my birthdays.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I used to build igloos too, on the corner of our street where the snowplow would pile up all the snow :)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home