Friday, April 07, 2006

Sodas & Benzene.

The FDA is currently exploring the level of benzene found in sodas. An independent study found that 19 of 24 samples contained four times the average tap water limit of Benzene.

Isn't this great? I recently (past two to four months) started consuming about two cans of soda a day. I usually don't finish the soda cans. I'd say I probably drink about 16oz a day. I knew they were bad for me. I just thought they were bad bcs they stain my teeth, have lotsa sugar, and eat my bones. I didn't know I had to worry about things like benzene.

Coke or Pepsi? Here's a quote:
Baylor University researchers gave 67 volunteers taste tests of Coke and Pepsi, and brain scans showed that when they knew what they were drinking it not only affected their preference, but also activated memory-related brain regions that recall cultural influences.
I think by Baylor University, the article is probably referring to Baylor College of Medicine. I participated in that study. I was given a pacifier with two tubes. They would squirt sips of either Pepsi or Coke through the tubs while I was in a fMRI. It was a Winnie the Pooh pacifier.

http://channels.netscape.com/whatsnew/default.jsp?story=20060406-1302
http://channels.netscape.com/pf/package.jsp?name=fte/cokeorpepsi/cokeorpepsi&floc=wn-ns

1 Comments:

Blogger The Gonzfather said...

Pat and I worked with benzene a lot in college. Usually we would just do some distilling, but a few times we would inject in into bottles of soda.

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home