Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Politics.

What I'm learning from this rotation is to pick your workplace carefully, a smile and cheeriness works to get you out of trouble or just to confuse and distract people most of the time and doctors do marry their secretaries.

One of my team members hates her job. She was hired to do one thing and then slowly given more and more responsiblities. Now, she takes call 4 times a week and has four bosses. Today I hid from her because she was venting to me. She was very upset.

I'm also learning the meaning of geriatrics. Dementia, no matter what the cause, is dementia. It's not nice. My patient has insight into her disease (dementia) and it's the insight that's eating her up. She ran a local ER. She was a multitasker. Now she couldn't cook a meal at home. She panicked when we discussed the various things to be done over the next few days because she couldn't remember them. The realization that she is not who she used to be overwhelmed her.

Don't forget a smile goes a long way ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home