Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Childhood Memories.

Who had imaginary friends when they were little kids? Come on. It's a normal stage of development. (Many young children (about 65%) develop imaginary friends between the ages of 3 and 5, at a time when they beginning to form their own identities and to test the boundaries between fantasy and reality. Approximately, one-third retain these friendships until age 7. AboutOurKids.org) It's okay. You can admit it.

I didn't have an imaginary friend. Instead, I had imaginary fishes. They lived inside a coffee maker under my stairwell. I remember feeding them pretend fish food out of Kool-Aid packets. Makes me wonder, did my parents just not drink coffee during that time period?

I also thought aliens were going to beam me up out of my shower window. I would shower as fast as I could and stare at that little window at the top of the shower wall the entire time. I was relieved whenever I would finish showering and they hadn't gotten me. Oh, hush, all children are silly.

I think I watched alot of cartoons because one day I came home with a whopper of a story for my mom. I would walk to school, down the street and around the corner. After I came home from school, I told my mom that I was runned over and flattened like a pancake. Then, someone inflated me back up. There was more to the story I just don't remember.

I also brought a cat home one day. We named him Morris. He was an older orange-yellow tabby like on the commercials. I wonder what happened to him... Ah...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

During my graduate studies I have discovered a cartoon called "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends".....a place where said friends go to live when kids no longer want them....hilarious...my fav character is Bloo, a small blue ghost looking creature with sharp wit and an even sharper tongue...so cute...you should get on that. Then talk to me about your fish!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home