Tuesday, December 20, 2005

H-town

I didn't know that I actually liked Houston until I left it for a while. I know that whenever I go home, to good ole zapata, that I'll miss Houston. I'll miss the 24 hours fast food places. The grocery stores that remain open after 9pm. Places to hang out, grab a drink with people our age, catch a movie, rent a movie... The different cultures and their different neighborhoods. You can catch a play or visit a museum. You can live here for years and years and have yet to visit all the museums. You can go to the park (Hermann or Memorial or one of the various dog parks) or visit the zoo.

I just thought the city was smoggy, and humid, and full of pot holes. But apparently, I like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Devika Rao said...

I've had the same exact thoughts, Sonia. Makes me think of adding to my new year's resolution list: appreciate everything you have in life, including the place you live in!! hopefully i'll remember this resolution if/when i move from houston

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home