Sunday, July 09, 2006

TV can be a remarkable teacher

I start seeing patients in my clinic on Monday. The computer problem has been resolved. I saw my first patients as an MD on Thursday. I did Diabetes Clinic in the morning. Then, had an OSCE. And then, I was on-call that evening.

I was watching Discovery Channel Health right now and there was a medical student from Houstonwith Treacher Collins Syndrome being featured. She just graduated from UT-H medical school and is doing a med/peds residency. I found this enlightening. Because of the facial abnormalities, I wondered if the syndrome affected mental capacity. Apparently not :) Here's her info:

http://forthemedia.uthouston.edu/newsreleases/nr2004/discovery_channel.html.

PS. As of 8:30pm, I still have no patients for this coming week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home