Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Clinic Month & House Fire.

My first rotation happens to be Clinic. I was happy about this news. It means that I will have a light month. 9-5 days. I'll slowly adjust to working again. Eventhough its a slow start, I'd like to get started.

Monday I went to work and found that I had no patients scheduled for me for the entire month. Turns out it was a complicated computer problem involving giving the graduating residents the boot and entering in the newbies. Today, the forces above me are working on it but it may be a few days before I get patients to see.

Weird news. My old apartment burned yesterday morning about 10am-ish. Luckily, I had just completed my move out this past weekend. My brother and I went to go see the damage. The apartment was still smoking when we visited. Our neighbor's apt. was charred to a point that nothing remained. I was told furniture and flames were flying out of the windows. Our stairs were burned down. The roofs were burned open. It was a close call for my brother and I. Had he and I still lived there we could have lost all our belongings. Almost everyone was safe and accounted for. One person was missing. The two tuxedo kittens may have passed away. Poor babies.

4 Comments:

Blogger T Pillow said...

You let Runt and Tuxedo die??? Bastard.

2:46 PM  
Blogger T Pillow said...

PS. I like the new blog name.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sonygee said...

I didn't. It wasn't me. The apartments were all empty when the fire happened. I had moved out. My next door, second floor, neighbors had custody of the tuxie kitties. The neighbors weren't home to let the kittens out of the apt when the fire happened. I don't know if they made it. They were cute... :(

3:22 PM  
Blogger Devika Rao said...

I'm so glad you're ok Sonia!! Hope clinic is treating you well.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home