Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Airplane.

Today Houston had an airplane situation. I came home from a day of reading at a coffee shop with my friends. I called my mother in Zapata, TX. She asked my how the plane situation was doing. I had no idea what she was talking about.

Turns out Houston had a close call. An airplane from Minneapolis had its left landing gear stripped of the rubber on its tires. It was circling Houston for 2 1/2 hours to lessen the amount of gas. My first thoughts were wondering if anyone I knew was on the plane, wondering if the plane was going to catch fire, wondering how big the plane was... This is scary. It could happen to anyone. It's like getting a blow out on the freeway. You never know when it might happen.

The plane landed safely. It was a moment of relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home